Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Year, A New Semester!

As the first month of 2012 reaches its midpoint, the Spring  Semester is just beginning, and I couldn't be more excited! As my mom so rightly put it before I left to come back to school:

"In college you get TWO first days of school...what could be better than that?!"

And she was absolutely so incredibly right. There is no day that I like better than the very first day of school - new classes, new teachers, new notebooks - it's all so magical! And in college you get two first days, one for each semester! Yay!

So tomorrow I start as a second semester college student. I can't believe it! A few months ago at this time I was a young, naive, nervous freshman. Now I'm much more seasoned and pretty much have the college thing down pat. Anyways. It's going to be a great semester. I can feel it.

My first class tomorrow is Honors Psychology. That's followed by French, which will be followed by a meeting with the Office of Residence Life for my RA application, and then my day will finish with by Human Senses Neuroscience class. I'm a little bit nervous for French tomorrow because I'm a little bit rusty...it has been a few years since I've done the whole foreign language thing. But I'm going to rely on my exceptional memory skills and hope that all of that vocabulary comes back to me!

I see now why they give college kids such a long break...it gives us time to reboot our brains and allows us to get excited about coming back to school. Because I love being home, but I was excited to be able to return to SU. I missed the Orange while I was away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment