Monday, November 28, 2011

The Beginning of the End.

This blog entry has been written during a time of great transition, a time of unprecedented events. It has been written as I near the end of my first semester in college. It seems like just a few weeks ago I was nervous about Orientation, my first lecture with 100+ students, my first college exam. Now, all of that has been completed and checked off of my list. I have sat through three months of lectures, taken eight exams, and am now starting the process of becoming an Orientation leader myself for next year's incoming freshmen class.

I have three weeks left - two weeks of classes and one week of finals -  and then I'm home free! Next semester I'm going to really experiment with my pre-med dream. I'm not taking any Journalism classes and I instead will be focusing on volunteering at the hospital down the street, becoming involved with the pre-health clubs on campus, and taking a variety of science courses.

While I was at home for Thanksgiving break I went to church and received a message that really pertained to my Journalism/Pre-med dilemma. The medium asked me if I was in the process of making a decision, between careers and majors and stuff like that. I assured her that yes, I was. And then...she asked me if I was considering studying the brain! She pretty much nailed it right on the head. She said that I would be successful at either thing, but she especially saw me making strides in things like research (!) if I went into the medical profession.

It's just so hard to choose something that I really want to do - I'm in love with learning, and I just want to be able to learn as much as possible. I would be a student for the rest of my life. Honestly! I could just keep earning degrees. But obviously, that's not practical. I'll just have to keep experimenting for now!

1 comment:

  1. You could be a professor at some massive university and still do a lot of research. : )

    ReplyDelete