Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving Break.

As the SU student body reaches the middle of the week, a mere two days before Thanksgiving break begins, it appears that all motivation has completely stopped. For most of us, we take out our books and our notes in an effort to trick our minds into thinking that we're actually being productive. It's just very difficult to want to get work done when we've made it this far, and we're so close to the solace of Thanksgiving Break.

And we all know what will happen when we return from the blissful week at home. As soon as we get back to campus on the 28th, it'll have to be study, study, study because finals are looming in the not-so-distant future. And then we all truly will be home free and I'll be a SECOND SEMESTER COLLEGE STUDENT. I can't even believe it.

Today though, I actually do have to study. I have my final grammar test this afternoon, and if I do well enough on it I can stop taking the class and I won't have to take the real final in December. Pretty much I could not even show up for the test and get a zero and still have a good grade in the class. But you all should know by now that that doesn't fly with me. I definitely need an A. Not just a good grade. And an A and a good grade are two different things in my book.

I'm happy to report though that I have finished all of my homework that I would have have to do over break last weekend, so next week I really will be homework-free! I don't think I'm going to pick up a book the whole time I'm at home. Well maybe Calculus. But that's just because that class is hard and it worries me.

Also, next semester I will be taking class not as a Journalism major, but as a pre-med student. I think that it is incredibly exciting and I will be using next semester as a test to see if becoming a doctor is something that I can really see myself doing.

So all in all, I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving Break and my first college finals week is fast approaching. It's almost too great to believe.

1 comment: