Thursday, September 22, 2011

Big week coming up.

I am personally of the opinion that I'm much more at ease at college than I ever was in high school. Like last night, I was okay with not doing my homework and leaving it instead, for today (okay...it wasn't really homework...it was the assignment for next weeks class. But that's besides the point!)

And now, withe three EXAMS. Not just tests, exams, coming up next week. I regret to tell you all that I have quickly reverted into my old self and am now in super-study Katelyn mode.

It's just really important to me that I do well on these exams. They are worth an astounding percentage of my final grade, and I don't think it paints me in a very positive light if I don't get a one hundred.

So I have devised a very clever study schedule that looks a lot like my tenth grade Regents study schedule. All color coded and what not.

Linguistics is the exam on Monday. It shouldn't be too bad because I really like the subject, so I read the book all the time. But still. You never know. That's the exam I'm studying for for today. And I have a review session to go to tomorrow. And I also made flash cards.

Calculus is Tuesday. Blah. Bound to be hard and challenging, and math and I have never exactly gotten along too well. The only positive side to this exam is that this Calculus class is basically the course I took last year. So it's almost like review, except with a challenging college twist.

And they have absolutely saved the best for last, because on Wednesday it's my Communications and Society exam. Taught by the Dean, this class is always hard. It's my least favorite one, mostly because I find the material to be kind of dull and the chapters in the textbook to be really long. Anyways, I could probably study for the rest of my life for this test and still think it's hard. And something tells me that Dean Branham does not make easy test questions.

So will all of these big exams coming up, don't be alarmed if a) I post  to this blog sparingly or b) the posts for this blog are so frantic that you're concerned for my mental health.

(Mom, if option "b" is the case, please pick up the phone and call your daughter.)

2 comments:

  1. Brecht says: Be careful when you say a book is dull or boring because either the book is written by your professor or a close friend of your professor or he was a contributor or an editor or something. : ) Seriously.
    Love, your aunt and uncle.

    PS: you can assume Brecht is speaking from experience.

    ReplyDelete