Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scandal in Sadler!

Last night, I witnessed my first ever college scandal! So Jess and I (my roommate, for those of you who don't know) where literally probably the only people on the floor not going out last night.

That happens to me all the time, but this was an entirely new experience for Jess who was only staying in because of crew practice at the unfortunate time of 7 AM the next morning.

But the scandal doesn't have to do with me and Jess. It has to do with the people across the hall from us. So apparently, there is a popular college ritual called "pre-gaming," in which vast amounts of alcohol and illegal paraphernalia are consumed prior to actually going out.

Obviously, you're not supposed to drink in the dorms. A rule that I naively assumed everyone would follow. So anyways. Clearly there is pre-gaming going on the room across from me and Jess. Then all of a sudden, we hear the RA knocking on their day. Jess and I then preceded to leave our room "to brush our teeth" so we could hear what was going on.

The RA made them put all of the alcohol in the middle of the room, then dump each can out one by one. They searched the closet (where someone was actually hiding!), took their ID Cards and names, and now they all have to go to Judicial Review.

Kind of puts a damper on the night, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment