Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Whole New World.

Right, so! All of you lucky readers out there are now reading the blog of the recently appointed writer for the fashion magazine on campus, Zipped!

That's right, me! I get to write for a magazine here and work closely with the layouts, articles, and technicalities of magazine journalism. And, since I'm starting as a freshman, by the time I'm an upperclassman, hopefully I'll be the editor in chief!

Apart from that, I'm also blogging for a site called LiveU, which is a university run website and magazine that depicts healthy living choices like exercise, eating right, and all of that mumbo jumbo.

I think it's really exciting that there are so many opportunities to get involved at SU, even as a freshman. I get emails everyday about some new club or organization that is desperately seeking freshmen help!

By the end of my four years here, it sounds like I will have an excellent resume and be well prepared to go out into the world!

I also really want to get involved with DanceWorks, OrangeSeeds ( a freshmen leadership organization), and Habitat for Humanity. I was going to write for the Daily Orange newspaper, but that seems absolutely mind numbing compared to the fabulous world of fashion magazines.

But don't worry. It's a very serious fashion magazine. No fluff. This is hard hitting journalism people!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds great, kakin! Happy Birthday! You're an official adult! I bet you thought that day would never come. : )

    ReplyDelete