Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reporting On Location!

So this blog comes to you not from the usual place of my dorm room desk, but a place that holds much more excitement and entertainment value.

Drumroll please...

It's the library!

I have now been in here for hours. I've lost track of the exact amount of time. I came here to the library today because I have a lot of work to do, and the dorm just has too many distractions. I'm pretty good with distractions, but even I find myself wandering down to the dining hall when I'm not even hungry when I do homework in my dorm. So I relocated.

I'm on the "silent floor" of the library. It's exquisite. There must be one hundred nice, big wooden tables to use. Perfect for spreading out all of your books and really engaging in the material haha. But even better than the tables is, of course, the quiet.

It's so much easier to get your work done when everyone around you is doing work as well. I actually feel like my typing might be too loud for the floor I'm on - that's how quiet it is!

Also, upstairs there is a cute little coffee shop called Pages where you can get food. It seems as if the people who designed the library thought of everything, so that people like me (who enjoy spending large stretches of time in the library) can stay here forever. :)

Right so. Since I'm in the library I'm sure most of you are wondering why I'm writing this blog and not doing my work. But I just needed a quick little break between Calculus and reading the some dull historic piece about German political theory!

Back to work now, for the next two and a half hours until my next class. Just call me Hermione!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kakin,

    Thank you for sharing your adventures, I’m having a great time reading. It brings me sweet memories of college and you show me a side of college I never really got to know; being committed. Good job! It makes me happy to read you’re having such a great time, I’m proud of you!
    Reading your stories reminded some things you might want to check (I only discovered those things in my last year, but then again the internet was still growing back then)

    http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=1221265&answer=136861

    http://mac.appstorm.net/roundups/office-roundups/15-notable-note-taking-apps-for-mac/

    (as to the app, just let us know which one you like, we’ll order it for you)

    the last link is just for fun

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JxfgId3XTs&feature=player_embedded

    Love,

    Uncle B.

    ReplyDelete