Sunday, September 11, 2011

Home to Home.

So I went home for the weekend, and it was very nice. It's nice to be able to shower without having to walk down the hallway in your robe, to not have to carry a room key and and ID card with you at all times, and to eat something other than dining hall food.

But at the same time, it's all very bizarre to be at home. Driving again-weird. Sleeping in my room-weird. You forget the stuff that just two weeks ago, you were so used to doing. I guess what they say is true. College really does become your home, whether that's a good or a bad thing, I don't know.

But either way. I loved being home and having my mom and my brother there.

And then...you come back to college, and it's also weird! Suddenly you're back in the dorm with the communal showers and the elevators and the floor meetings and it's like you were jolted out of reality for a bit. I didn't think I would ever be so happy to see my little tiny slice of heaven, my door room!

And college life is so different from home.

Because let me to tell you, only at college will there be a two hour long party in an elevator. I kid you not. Kids set up chairs and iPod speakers and just rode up and down. It was a good time (i.e. fire hazard).

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you joined the elevator party at least for a little bit!! I know you probably read that and in your mind said, “Heather. Do you know who I am? I’m Katelyn Edel and Katelyn Edel does not do elevator parties.” To that I say, silly girl, how many people have you met that can say they’ve been to an elevator party? Those types of things you can really only do in college. So I’m going to tell you now, while you are a little baby freshman that wants to prove to the world you are 100% dedicated to getting the most out of your education, its okay to do silly little things like elevator parties. I promise. You won’t hyperventilate, professors won’t scold you and your peers won’t shun you. Think about how awesome it would be if one day, when you have little people calling you gam gam, you could say, “Hey, I’ve been to an elevator party,” and they can be like whoa, gam gam is a balla. So that concludes my little mini lecture on having fun in college. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete